Parents can start introducing non-liquid foods into their baby's diet as soon as they are six months old. Some of the most common foods that are acceptable to eat are pureed fruits and vegetables like bananas, prunes, sweet potatoes, and carrots. There are so many pre-made options available at the local food market that will be satisfactory for any parent or lifestyle (e.g. organic, vegan, etc.). However, did you know that you can save up to $30.00 per month by making your own homemade baby food? Not only is it an easy way to save money, the food you make for your baby is fresher and has more nutrition than jarred baby food due to the high temperatures used during processing. Companies like Sage Spoonfuls have designed products that make it easy to make and store your own homemade baby food right in the convenience of your kitchen.
Sage Spoonfuls has a variety of homemade baby food making and storage products. They have recently (March 2018) launched their new Made with Love Storage Set, which comes with 12 of their reusable Sage Squeeze food pouches, 6 BPA free 4-ounce storage jars, and 30 removable paper labels. Here is a breakdown of each of the products included in the set:
Sage Spoonfuls - Sage Squeezies
- Sage Spoonfuls's patented Sage Squeeze is the only reusable food pouch to have the entire side open up.
- The pouch stands up and stays open on its own allowing for easy, no mess filling and cleaning.
- The pouches are dishwasher safe and freezer safe (top rack).
- They are FDA and SPSIA approve - BPA, Phthalate, Lead and PVC Free
- You have a choice of two designs: Dinos & Giraffes and Monkeys & Fruit Dots
Sage Spoonfuls - 4 Ounce Storage Jars
- Sage Spoonfuls's multipurpose jars for portioning, serving, storing, and heating homemade baby food.
- The jars are leak proof and specifically designed for travel.
- The jars are dishwasher safe (top rack), freezer safe, and microwave safe.
- BPA, Phthalate, Lead and PVC Free - and made in the USA!
- The 4oz jars also come with 30 paper labels that are easy to remove.
We love Sage Spoonfuls and the Made with Love Storage Set because they are making homemade nutrition easy, their products are high-quality, and they also save you money! Both Sage Spoonfuls Made with Love Storage Sets are available for purchase on Amazon.com.